A couple of funny things happened at church yesterday. And when I say funny, I mean Jack was naughty. First, all the kids in the church got up in front of the congregation to sing some Father's Day songs, and Jack plugged his ears. I wondered what was going on (he does this when he gets scared sometimes) and I kind of missed it, but Emily explained to me later. The song ends with the line "And give him what? A great big kiss!", and when it ended, Jack yelled out "yuck!".
Second, Harris was assigned to give a short talk. He told me what he wanted to say and I wrote it out for him and we practiced it during the week (by which I mean Saturday evening) until he got it down.
I went in and stood by him while he gave his talk, but he didn't need any help and actually loooked at the paper to remember what to say. This is in front of 50+ kids and he did really well. When he was done I was walking to leave the toom when I heard clapping, and I looked over to see Jack standing and applauding.
2 comments:
Better than Jack nearly falling over the rail like last year's Sacrament Presentation. Jack was acting like an older boy, actually, with his reaction to the word kiss.
LOVE the standing ovation. What a supportive brother.
Post a Comment