We've had James's wonderful sister, Rachel, with us this week. And my mom for part of last week. We couldn't have managed without them-- we are so blessed to have these angels in our lives. Angels from our family, our ward, our dear friends, the nurses that have helped us, and even complete strangers. The Lord has been true to his word: “I will go before your face. I will be on your right hand and on your left, … my Spirit shall be in your [heart], and mine angels round about you, to bear you up.”
In the last few weeks, I have often been reminded of the Elder Holland's recent talk on angels in conference:
My beloved brothers and sisters, I testify of angels, both the heavenly and the mortal kind. In doing so I am testifying that God never leaves us alone, never leaves us unaided in the challenges that we face. “[N]or will he, so long as time shall last, or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man [or woman or child] upon the face thereof to be saved.”13 On occasions, global or personal, we may feel we are distanced from God, shut out from heaven, lost, alone in dark and dreary places. Often enough that distress can be of our own making, but even then the Father of us all is watching and assisting. And always there are those angels who come and go all around us, seen and unseen, known and unknown, mortal and immortal.
I love this idea, and I loved it when I first heard this talk, but I can now also bear testimony that it is true. We have been helped by angels from God-- there is no other explanation.
8 comments:
Your testimony of angels touched me deeply. We will continue to support each of you in our faith and prayers. This is such wonderful and well deserved news that the cancer has been crushed. Love you guys.
Em we just met once at our apt in Temple. I admired you then for having 3 kids and a busy husband. I admire you even more now. We keep praying for him and for you too. I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better. We had no idea what was going on exaclity. Glenn will be excited to hear this news. We love you guys and we hope you can keep us posted.
keep up the good work!
I am so excited that this is his last full week of treatment. I agree (and know) that there are angels here that are sent at just the right time to help, lift, and support. You have been one of them so many times for me. Heavenly Father does love us and is mindful of us. I hope you guys have a big huge party when James is done (do they have a bell you get to ring?). We love and are praying for you guys!
I am so relieved to hear this news. You are such a strong family and a good example to so many. We love you so much. Our prayers are continually with you!
You have both been examples of faith, perseverance, and strength. We are proud of you for "kicking cancer" (Jacob's words).
Love to all!
You don't know me (I'm an old high school friend of your MIL), but I wanted to let you know how much your blog has inspired me. My daughter went through 4 months of chemo and 6 weeks of daily radiation. (She is going to be 5 years cancer free this June.) I have been reminded through your blog of God's great hand in our lives, I especially appreciated the quotes you used in this post. Sometimes we forget these great blessings as time goes by and I am grateful for the reminder. I am thrilled your husband is doing well (though, I realize the treatment is awful...I was my daughter's caregiver.). May you never forget this wonderful blessing and may he live a LONG, healthy life with you and your children. Thank you again. :)
Before you know it, James will be running around and eating (and cooking!) spicy food. So glad I could come out and help.
That was beautiful Emily. So glad the news looks good. Hopefully James will be as good as new in no time. Hang in there!
Post a Comment