So, we've had quite the week. James endured his first week of chemotherapy. He is not feeling too hot but no vomit yet, so that's good. Today has been the worst day for him so far. On Wednesday he had a chest port inserted under his skin. That "procedure" was a little annoying to have to deal with on top of the chemo-- more painful than advertised. The purpose of the thing is so they only have to prick his skin (over the port)rather than digging around in his arms for a good vein to insert the IV in. James said it is much less painful. He'll keep the port in through the chemotherapy and then maybe for a few months while they make sure the chemo did its job.
You may be wondering now at the title of this post. Our blog needs a new name because we are having a girl! We are all excited-- I can honestly say that it was the secret (or not-so-secret) hope of everyone in our household. We are delighted. The ultrasound looked great, and the technician gave us the somewhat mysterious "I think its a girl." I am quite confident, myself. I know my boys-- they've all been very obvious about it; while our little girl was very modest-- covering herself with her fist for part of the ultrasound. She was also daintily crossing her ankles-- which I don't think I have ever seen one of our boys do in or out of the womb. So bring on the pink! That's something that will take some getting used to-- we hardly know that the color exists around here-- I've never been fond of it. I remember thinking in kindergarten that liking pink was a bit of a cliché-- but not in those words. I always chose the red scissors. But I know stubborner women than me that have succumbed to the darling pink accoutrements of little girls.
21 comments:
I'm so glad you guys got some fantastic news this week! Thanks for all the updates - this will be some fun info to pass on to Spencer! Also, you don't have to do pink, I always think my girls look better in purple.
Yay - a girl!!! She'll have 3 great big brothers to protect her! Keeping James in our prayers!
Congrats from Angela Walker(Scott's wife--cousin to James). We had four girls and our 5th was a boy. He is a climber, cutting his lip almost daily and only interested in boy toys. What a difference. It is nice to have at least one child of each gender. I can't wait to see how a little girl does in your family. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy and to James too. We are keeping him in our prayers.
Hurray! I'm so excited you are having a girl. I must admit...I was secretly hoping you would have a girl too:) She will be beautiful. I can't wait to see her.
We continue to pray for James. Let us know if you need anything.
Congratulations on it being a girl! I am glag James' chemo went well (all things considered).
We can't wait for a little She-Murdock! Maybe Ella can teach her how to be a little lady, so prim and proper (If you could only hear her screaming right now as she wrestles with Jacob!). We are super excited! James- I hope you are relaxing today. You are in our prayers!
I'm so glad you get to have a little girl! I tend to buy a lot of purple for Rachel, but you have to have some pink too, right?
I hope everything goes well for your hubby. I admire the way your family seems to be taking this in stride.
I knew it! Everyone wanted you to have a girl, and that many prayers can't go unanswered (kidding!) you're boys are going to be so great with a baby sister! Hopefully everything goes well with James, let us know if we can do anything!
Congratulations...that is so exciting! She will be one well protected little sister. She has some great big brothers to watch after her! Do you have a name that you like?
James good luck with everything. You are in our prayers.
Glad James is hanging in there after week 1. Hope he feels better.
Congrats on the girl! We are so excited for you! I was pretty anti pink myself and bought a lot of purple for our first daughter but it is pretty hard to avoid pink. EVERYTHING comes in pink, plus I've found that my girls look really good in pink. Again, so happy for you!
Hang in there James!
CONGRATS! I'm one of those stubborn women that succumbed to pink. :) Everything can match, and different shades still look good together. Hope James is hangin' in there!
Yay!!! congrats!! Cannot wait for your baby girl. (Harris has powerful prayers apparently?)
I think a good new name for your blog is "Murdocks & Company"--because you will have TONS of company for the rest of your lives! Sleepovers, playdates, real dates, you name it!
We are totally excited for your girl-baby, and we are praying for all of you (and pretty relieved that that wasn't a photo of actual James!)
Your Ohio Fans!
Congratulations on expecting your first girl! I am so glad that James is keeping his head up. We are praying for you all. We love you. Let us know if there is anything we can do for you.
Oh Emily, I am so happy you are having a girl! They are so much fun! Congratulations!
I am so sorry about your husband's diagnosis. Your family is in our prayers. I sure hope you guys have a wonderful Christmas and I hope all goes well with the treatments.
No way! Awesome! I don't have any ideas for a new name, but you are giving me hope! I love you guys! Glad Jimbo is hanging in there. So names???
Hey there! We've been so self absorbed and awful friends, and haven't even checked blogs. We are praying for James and everyone. Congrats on your little girl to come! We're thinking of you guys!!
Our prayers are with James and the whole family-hope you guys are doing good. Maybe UT can give James a little love and win the Nat'l Title? You will love a girl- my favorite game with them is personal foul(lots of facemasks,late hits, and unsportsmanlike conduct) all while wearing pink too. Our newborn son Trey better be able to take a hit. Your family inspires us!
Love,
Fraziers
Derrick,Janet,Kaya,Masey,Trey
Hope James gets feeling better soon. So excited for your girl!! Yep, I was anti-pink too as a child, and even now I don't go for pink as much for Jayne, but she still has plenty of it to choose from. It will happen to you too. Can't wait to see her!
FAN-FREAKIN-TASTIC!! Yay for little girls!
Also have similar feelings on pink. Then I saw tiny little hot pink converse high tops, and my aversion to pink ended. So it's possible to be a little hard core and still like pink. According to me at least.
Love to you from the Colton household!!
treva
Hi, I'm James's *much* older cousin, and I haven't even met Emily. I found about your blog this morning and perused the last couple months' worth, knowing the collision of wonders (baby girl!) and woes (cancer and chemo) that your family has been facing. I am touched and amazed by your positive and pragmatic approaches to each day and each week, and I am so glad that you have indeed been surrounded by angels nearby, and a few who have flown in (sans wings). You are in my prayers.
Post a Comment