Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Jack's Birthday Extravaganza

Jack turned 4 today. It's hard to grasp that he is that old, because he's seemed the same age since he was about 15 months old. But he is, and he had a great party that was well-attended and gifted. There was even a little dirty Dickensian girl waiting on the periphery of our group, hoping perhaps for a small piece of cake or some semblance of warmth or human contact. She got neither, of course, and ran off to her mom's $65,000 SUV in a pout.

Emily's Superrasta cake was rad, and my death-wielding piñata was el lamo. But of particular awesomeness was the party favor de resistance: hand sewn Buzz Lightyear™ capes for each boy. And some pink cape for the girls, but I didn't pay attention to that.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome, as always. Love the cake/theme/capes/and pinata!! You guys are so creative. And the picture of Will with that baseball bat!! Watch out!

Rachel said...

p.s. very true about him being the same since he was 15 months old. I love Jack!

SJ said...

Good times! Were Barbara and John able to come up?

Julie Williams said...

Looks like an awesome party. I love the capes and the pinata! Jack, Happy Birthday!

Andrea J said...

Y'all know how to throw a party. Your posts do not disappoint.

rachel said...

Heck, Em, I am so sad to miss your parties. And the capes, man, you rock!

Jeana Bird said...

Love the party!!! Great cake, pinata, capes...everything is perfect. So creative. Happy Birthday, Jack!

Holm Life said...

Em, I can't figure out where you got all your talent, but everything turned out super! James, the pinata was great!