Thursday, June 17, 2010

O, Canada!

We recently returned from a family vacation to Waterton, Alberta. James' mother grew up in Raymond, AB, and as a teen she worked at the fancy hotel (pictured below) in Waterton Lakes National Park. Her uncle's family owns a cabin right on the lake that they were so kind to let us stay in.

We got to meet the kids' new cousin, Victoria. She is a sweetie. The boys couldn't get enough of her.

We also got to meet many of the original James Harris' siblings and their family members in Raymond. It was fun to go to a place I've never been before, meet people I've never seen before and feel right at home and part of the family. We also visited the graves of James' grandparents.

It was such a nice family vacation to get to spend time together in such a beautiful place.

8 comments:

Rachel said...

SO many great pictures!!!! I can't even pick all of my favorites. Thanks for posting! Someone is coming over tonight to see my Canada pics, so your timing was perfect. :)

BarbaraJo said...

Oh how I love that place. So many wonderful memories. Thank you for sharing those pictures. My family is headed there in two weeks (without me) so I got to live vicariously through your pictures. :)

Barbara said...

Thank you Emily. I can't get over how adorable Will is in pictures. I really liked the two baby girls together (Victoria standing and Anna lying down.) I will be sending a link to your blog to some friends. You are such a talented photographer!

Emily M said...

Will is a total ham. He is definitely our most photogenic-- he is aware of what is expected when a camera is around. Harris and Jack have no concept of it!

Holm Life said...

What great photos of the Murdock family, and of the beautiful Waterton area. Many of the nature scenes are rahter breath taking. Of course the talented photographer and a great camera display it beautifully.

The Bunker Family said...

It looks like you had a great time with your family! It was fun to see so many great pictures of Waterton. I went there when I was a kid and loved it!

Elaine said...

Loved the peak into your family's reunion.

Elaine said...

Thanks for the peak into your family's reunion. love it!