Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Icy Fishing

EDIT: This is James, I am too lazy to sign in and repost.

My friend Ryan and I took my big boys and his son fishing on Saturday. Sort of. We drove an hour out to the stocked ponds to find that all of the ponds were either frozen or not actually stocked.

The boys were very excited, so we didn't let them in on the secret. Harris bought a Batman fishing pole with his birthday money and nothing was going to stop him from catching some salmon. I told him that Ryan only did catch and release, and he told me he was not going to let Drew's daddy steal his fish. Jack and Drew threw down their poles after about 10 minutes and were happy climbing a gravel pit for the rest of the trip. Also, Jack liked jumping in the water.

After some "fishing" and gravel climbing, we headed over to a frozen pond and commenced to throw rocks and ice on the pond for 20 minutes. And when I say we, I mean all of us, because it was fun. You can skip a rock a quarter mile on ice.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

wow, look at this frequently updated blog! Love the picture of Harris diligently fishing, watching those other boys goof off.

Barbara said...

John used to sit at the edge of our swimming pool with a fishing pole. (This was after watching Big the Cat fishing in Sonic games.) These are cute pictures.