Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Nursery at Gram's Funeral

My sweet Grammy passed away on New Year's Eve. She was the most loving lady-- spent any moment she could in the nursery at church. I was very grateful that there was a nursery provided by her ward at her funeral. I was in no state to wrestle kids that day-- and I really wanted to be able to listen during the service. I know she wouldn't have minded noisy kids in her funeral service-- it was just for me. But I'm sure she kept her eye on the nursery more closely than the funeral that day. She is too modest to listen to everything that was said about her. Anyway, these are some pictures I took of some of the great-grands in the nursery.




4 comments:

Marco and Lara Roetto said...

I love the idea of Grammy paying more attention the nursery than her funeral. She always felt more comfortable and close to Heavenly Father when she was nurturing a child. I cherish the images of her holding Axel last summer. They were both content to just SIT and watch the world go by (he wasn't crawling yet!) I miss her.

BarbaraJo said...

I love it! Cute, cute kids.

Elise said...

I love this post so much. I really felt like your Grandma wasn't really my Grandma-in-law, but my own Grammy. That's just the kind of person she is...always loving everyone so easily. I've been meaning to write a post about her myself, but seeing as I'm the worst blogger ever, haven't done it yet. You've inspired me to get my act together though. Hang in there with the pregnancy!

Holm Life said...

Fun pictures-- I am so glad you took them to freeze some memories of that day. Since Grammy's funeral we've had two deaths in our ward and I'm pretty eager to help out of gratitude for all that was done (and without water in the building a good part of the time!)