Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Good News, Bad News

As some of you know we've had a lot going on lately. First off, good news! Emily is pregnant and we are expecting a new baby in April. Harris prays that it is a girl, and I'm pretty sure Emily does too.

Second, I have cancer. I had a testicle removed last Saturday, but it appears that the cancer spread to my lymph nodes. I still need to talk to an oncologist next week, but it looks like I will require chemotherapy. From what I understand this isn't a terribly dangerous condition, just a pain and expensive.

8 comments:

Tassi Smith said...

Congrats with being pregnant. I would love to see what a murdock baby girl would look like.

Sorry about the bad news. James I hope your recovery is quick and not too painful or expensive.

Ben & Diane said...

I was wondering when number 4 was gonna coma along. That's exciting! I hope it's a girl too.

James, good thing you already got Emily pregnant! HA! JUST KIDDING. That was my way of trying to add some humor to a very scary and sad situation. I really hope you guys have strength through your treatments and you have a full recovery. You're in our prayers.

Love and miss you guys

Diane

rachel said...

Oh, guys, congrats on baby 4. Looks like we have some catching up to do, again. It's funny how these boys are wanting a little sister so badly, huh? Jonas and Gryffin tell me I am not allowed to have another baby unless it is a girl.

I am so sorry to hear about things, Jimbo. We love you guys so much and wish you were here. Please know that we are thinking about you- often. Love you. Hang in there.

Elise said...

Hadn't checked your blog in a little while and as we were about to say the prayer on our Thanksgiving dinner, Ellen told Derrick to remember you guys in the prayer. So sorry to hear this news. Hope all goes as smoothly as it possibly can. We will be thinking of you! So happy for your new baby though...can't wait to hear more about it!

Sarah Kay said...

wow. that's quite the post. here's hoping for a speedy recovery and one beautiful baby girl or boy. but preferably girl. jk.

Annie said...

I'm so sorry to hear that James. Let us know if you guys ever need anything. We will pray for you.

Emily I'm so excited for you and I hope you do have a girl, but even if you don't you have such cute boys:)

mary said...

James, that is crazy!! I am so sorry to hear about your condition! We will keep you in our prayers for sure!!

Congrats on the baby! A girl would be so fun, four boys are fun too!

JillEE said...

our prayers will be with you. keep us posted on how things go. happy thanksgiving! (and congrats on the baby =) )

p.s. my word verification is bedlet. lol