Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Not funny, interesting, or a picture of our kids.

I realize that I am straying from the approved format here, and that this is not a particularly strong post to deviate from the script. However, apropos of nothing, I love this ad. And not just because it looks like the nice part of living in Idaho Falls. What was the sales pitch to the client? "Picture a mountain trail: a man runs, fit and happy. Now imagine he is running to his local 24-Hour Fitness, where he will wait for an available elliptical machine."

Has this actually encouraged anyone to pay money to join a health club?

4 comments:

Rachel said...

this is SO FUNNY and true! haha. I love it. Thanks for sharing.

Holm Life said...

When I first read it, I thought "7 days of what free?" It is crazy-- that we think it isn't exercise unless we pay for it!

Barbara said...

That doesn't look at all like the 24-hour Fitness to which John belonged. Perhaps they could paint a Tetons-in-the-distance mural somewhere. It looks much more like a RunTex add.

Ben & Diane said...

You make a good point here Emily. I guess they must realize that there is no way to put a picture of a gym and make it look attractive. I go to a gym. It is definitely not attractive in any way.