Did you know it had started? It's ok, the YMCA was a little unsure themselves. Harry played for the Green team, not quite the Ninja Sharks he had requested. YMCA T-Ball is basically $55 for a t-shirt and some field assignments, since no officials come and the coaching is me and some other dad who gets there on time. And the tattooed fugazi who yell helpful things like "lower it" and "come on!" from their camp chairs because their questionable facial hair apparently relieves them of any need to help coach.
Anyway, here are some pictures, mostly from today. Also included are some action shots from our meticulously groomed backyard. Harris has patented a defensive technique of facing away from the ball, often with his face covered by his glove. This season was infuriating and made me *briefly* doubt my commitment to being a dad who vicariously lived out my unfulfilled sports dreams through my kids. However, Harris got a pretty sweet medal, so I am back on the horse.
3 comments:
Ninja Sharks. Too funny!! I love this...and I love those pictures of will! They are hysterical.
Few people can understand how many hours James spent explaining to his roomates how his coaching (with the help of HGH)was going to turn his son into a sports icon. I cannot wait to see the finished product 12 to 16 years from now. Idaho Falls will not know what hit them.
Team Murdock rules...
PS I am going to need a refree next summer you are in....Right
1st-No, I will hire some ruffian to be my proxy.
2nd-You should acknowledge that I was way ahead of the curve on HGH.
3rd-Any failures at T-ball (which I am not going to concede) are like complaining that I didn't teach my kid how to speak Russian.
Post a Comment