So I was working in the baby's room for a few minutes, trying to figure out what kind of screws I needed to buy to assemble the crib, when I realized that it wasn't normal for the boys to leave me alone long enough to get so much done. This is the scene I was greeted with when I emerged from my five minutes of solitude and eery quiet:


The boys had been having a flour fight. Fistfuls of flour EVERYWHERE. And what's worse-- someone had the bright idea to introduce a cup of water into the equation. So the carpet had a nice, gluey dough in it for a couple of days-- I had to let it dry to see how much I could scrape off before tackling it with soap and water.
![]() |
| From Flour and Feb... |
I managed to take pictures of them while trying to make it very clear that what they did was NOT cute-- it was VERY naughty, and the boys had their 3rd bath of the day for being too dirty for civilized company. There were also lots of little flour globules that didn't come out in the tub that dried into their hair. Yuck.

So, however bad your day might have been, just be glad that this didn't happen to you!

10 comments:
Wow! Poor Emily! That does looks like one of the biggest messes I've ever seen. Thanks for sharing... it will make cleaning up seem a little easier for a while.
Yikes, what a mess. It is amazing how imaginative small children can be. I suppose that is a good thing unless of course you have to clean up after them.
I was surprised to see how much Will has grown. From the picture, he seemed to be enjoying himself.
Yikes! Are the boys still alive?! Due to my short temper I don't even want to imagine how I would handle that kind of situation! Bless you Emily!
That is the nice thing about being a grandparent, you can laugh at the pictures and remember when your own kids were small. A lot of it did not seem funny at the time but those things are the things I will remember the rest of my life.
John decided that he needed to clean the keys of the piano with Comet once. We had to have the piano tuner come and take the keyboard apart so we could clean it.
Russell got mad because I wanted him to clean the guest bathroom so he cleaned the toilet with MY electric toothbrush.
You will be glad you took photos because one day you will laugh about it.
Amazing what Geeks of the Week can do!
Holy Cow Emily!!!! I will never think Brooke has made a mess unless she pulls out the flour and gets it all over the house. You are the world's best mom! It was great talking to you the other day.
jeana
Wow, that makes Zach's bottle of ranch that he poured out and splashed in seem really small. At least it was just on the table and there was just one of him. I'm sure your kids will love to look at those pictures some day.
Hey James
this is emily stiles, it's so fun to see your family and catch up with peoples lives. My sister was in your moms ward and I met her, she said that you were in law school, maybe your done already. any who I just thought I'd pop in and say hi, how is Spencer and the rest of the gang? i have a blog you can leave a comment
we-the-kings.blogspot.com
Oh man......I'm so sorry for you Emily. Did you raise your voice at them?? I only ask because I would have flipped my lid but I can't imagine you screaming. This is exactly why we are going to put in hardwoods soon.
Now that a few days have passed, were you able to clean it all up? How is the carpet?
Post a Comment