My sister Rachel has a nice post on her absolutely terrific blog about my Grandma Walker, who died yesterday morning. We always spent a lot of time at her house in Salt Lake in the summers, and I have enjoyed knowing her in my time living in the West.
Our boys love her (she knew the tricks, primarily cars and cookies). The last time we saw her, in the Fall, she was having trouble getting going in her walker, so Harry said, "Grandma, you just go like this!" and took some exaggerated steps around the room, which she appreciated. We always had a good time at her place, and plenty of my roommates had the pleasure of crashing there.
1 comment:
Although I only met your grandma once, at your reception in Nampa, I was impressed by her kind and spunky nature. Recently I found an article about William Walker in a Friend magazine, with a picture of his family when he was a boy, and a cute Barbara at about age 2 on her mom's lap. I was impressed, James, with how much you look like your grandma. Our condolences to your entire family. We have lost some giants lately-- your grandma, my Uncle Verl, Pres. Hinckley-- but think how much fun they are having on the other side of the veil!
Love, Debbie
Post a Comment