Emily and the boys made it to Idaho Falls Thursday, along with my sister Rachel, who was kind enough to drive them up from Salt Lake and stay around to help us get settled. We are still working on that, and she left for Salt Lake, and then on to Austin, today. We are sad to see her go, and our boys will really miss her.
I really love spending time with Rachel and am always sad we weren't close when we were growing up. At least I gave her a decent sending off last night, when she awoke at midnight to see me in my underwear, covered in blood. Apparently Jack leapt from his bed into a dresser last night, and as a result he needed a few stitches.
Oddly, I have found my two trips to the ER (also with Harry on Father's Day) to be sweet times with my boys. I am rarely alone with them for very long, and Jack is such a good natured kid. He was cute last night, so sleepy and irritated, but he would respond to every request by cooing a soft "OK". And he was in great spirits as soon as the stitches were in, even enjoying the helicopter that took off while we were exiting the ER at 2:00 AM. And he got a lollipop and teddy bear out of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment