Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Yay for Boys!

On Saturday, James and I went to the ultrasound for our new baby. Harris and Jack stayed with some friends because we knew that they would get rowdy in the dimly lit ultrasound room. It was a good chance for James and I to focus on and bond with the newest member of our family. Once we saw the head and body, I started thinking of him as a little boy, and even referred to him as "he" without thinking about it. The ultrasound took over an hour (he didn't want to cooperate and show us the different features they check for--four chambers of the heart, spinal cord, eye lenses, etc., so it took the technician a while to get to the "telling parts," but it was clear that he was a boy when she got there. She eventually saw everything she needed to to be sure that he is healthy and growing right on track for his May 21st due date. He was very cute on the screen and did a few poses with his hand under his chin (I said he looked like a model, and James said he looked like a boxer-- different perspectives, I guess). You can see in the pictures that he seems to be grinning in utero, so I am hoping that means he will be a happy and easygoing baby. We are also most relieved that we won't have to change the name of our blog....Whew!

1 comment:

Marco and Lara Roetto said...

He is absolutely SMILING! He has every reason to smile- he is coming soon to an awesome family! One of the cutest ultrasound pictures I've ever seen!